(Basic Capture System)
- Runs on any computer which supports your choice of systems below.
- Macintosh.. System 9.2 or later and OSX 10.3 or
- MSWindows.. System Win98/ME/NT/2K/XP
- The "user friendly" environment allows rapid acclamation
to computer-aided drafting.
- Multi-sheet documents can be linked to a project file from which a
single net list and parts list can be extracted.
- An on-line Library editor allows you to create new symbols without
leaving the design environment.
- Automatic label sequencing eliminates the problem of conflicting net
names and reference designators.
- The auto-name incrementing feature allows quick connection when creating
break-out wires from busses.
- McCAD Schematics supports "intelligent bussing". Each bus
"knows" what signals it carries. On-line monitoring avoids
accidental misconnections and movement of bus structures results in
automatic update of all break-outs. Busses are automatically managed
across multi-sheet documents.
- Intelligent tie-point management results in fast dynamic updates when
junctions are removed.
- An Auto Interconnect Routing Engine automatically routes and connects
devices across long distances.
- Three interconnection techniques (automatic, semiautomatic and manual)
are supported, allowing flexible and rapid design.
- Device packaging is supported for both single and multiple sheets.
The user can design at the gate or function level and then let McCAD
Schematics package the design into real world devices.
- Drafting speed is enhanced by allowing adjustment of individual wires
while multiple objects are selected.
- Devices and associated text can be rotated during and after placement.
- A Library move and sort program is provided with your McCAD Schematics
- ECO - Engineering Change Order manager. Links to McCAD PCB-ST/ EDS
- PICT format graphics can be imported and exported via the Clipboard.
- Schematics can be exported in PICT & DXF formats.
- ASCll database files may be imported and exported.
- User configured report generation.
- Output documents; Schematic drawings, Net list, Wire list, Parts list,
User Reports, Bill of Materials (BOM), Pen plotters (HPGL & DMP)
- Input Devices; mouse, keyboard, graphics tablet
- Title Block; custom block creation
- Output devices: OS compatible printers
- Builtin DXF Output Format
- Optional OrCAD to McCAD Translator
- Zoom and Scaling; 10% to 900%; standard preset and user definable
- Built-in Grids
- Auto Grid - snap to nearest grid
- Libraries - Thousands of standard components, CMOS, TTL, Discretes,
Xilinx, etc., provided
- On the Fly Library Editor